Good morning! its currently late on Thursday morning and I’ve logged into the site after not even looking at it for months and its time to turn this site into somewhere I can keep useful links about the projects i’m working on all together. This is important to me because its time I started organising things a little better. Before I can do that of course, I have a few bits of news to share with everyone!
- I am no longer working at McDonalds! This is great news! my back is much more manageable. I’ve not been on prescription pain killers for 18 months!
- I am studying for a foundation degree in computing. This means web design, java, business stuff. I am coping with most of it, but there are a few topics where i’m actually having to exersize my brain.
- I have several mods on curseforge now. The biggest is Simple Barrels. Last time I looked (a few days ago) it was at around 1.17 million downloads. That’s right. over a million. Its NUTS.
- I just released BeimCraft 2.0. Its missing a couple of minor features but those will be addressed, they needed it for this week. I’m going to write a reflective piece on what went wrong and what went right for this project to see how the experience can be used to produce better work.
- I’m actively researching all the technology I need to understand in order to get an interactive stream working on beam. Beam is microsoft’s streaming platform of choice they bought last year. Its pretty awesome and I’m a big fan. Many of the friends i’ve made in the community either work for beam, are partnered streamers or stream on there for fun. They are all awesome people. I’ve had this interactive idea for months and now that Interactive 2.0 is available I can finally make some headway with the project. Should be a lot of fun!
- I’m looking for someone to partner with on a project. One of the things I know I need to improve is working with others – all the projects I’ve worked on in the past have been solo projects.
- I’m actively working for development work. I’m flexible and open minded. Also due to being a first year uni student, i’m cheap too!
- As (yet another) side project, i’m looking at how to implement server side plugins for large scale servers. The aim is to be able to create content like hypixel and wynncraft. That is a long way off obviously but its on my list of things to do!
- I’m waiting for the minecraft windows 10 edition API to drop for modding using C#. When it does, I want to start to produce content for the Minecraft Marketplace.
For those wondering, my wife had a 9 pound baby boy back in January and he is called Tristan. There will be a seperate post about that 😉
More to come!